Marinara sauce 28oz (we use our homemade sauce, recipe coming soon)
Sweet onion 1/3 cup
2 cloves of chopped garlic
¾ cup of chopped orange bell peppers
3 Tsp of chopped jalapeno
2 Tsp Italian seasoning
1 Tsp crushed red peppers
1 Tsp salt
Pepper to taste
Chopped fresh Basil
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tsp sugar
1 Cup of shredded Parmesan Cheese
*if you do not want this spicy you can leave out the Jalapeno and red peppers, but you may lose some of the flavor.
- Coat the Chicken in olive oil and Montreal steak seasoning to rest while you are preparing your sauce.
- Coat the bottom of your pan with Olive oil and let the Oil heat up until it is "crackling."
- Sauté the onions and garlic until the onion are almost cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Add your Bell peppers and jalapeno, continue to sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add in your tomato sauce and your heavy cream.
- Mix in your basil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While your sauce is simmering prepare your noodles and chicken.
- Thinly slice your chicken and place in a pan with some olive oil on med high heat.
- Cook chicken for 3 to 6 minutes depending on how thin you sliced your chicken. Remove from heat.
- Once your sauce is done simmering add in 1 Tbl of sugar and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Toss in your cooked noodles and chicken in your sauce and enjoy. We tossed in warm pan and found that really combined the flavors well.
This recipe was inspired by an Episode of Diners, Drive-In & Dives. We've made several changes to fit our tastes but the idea looked so delicious on tv we just had to try!