Tuesday, February 26, 2013

$5 at Goodwill to Wedding Fabulous

I was recently on a search for a new file cabinet at Goodwill and stumbled on this beauty.


For $5 I had to snatch it up.  The bottom opens up and is secured with magnets.  It came with several of the white tipped pins and I knew I could find a fabulous use for a shadow box!


This birdcage cardbox has been sitting in our living room since our wedding.  I have kept every single card we received from our engagement, my bridal shower, bachelorette weekend and the wedding.  Every card and random memento has lived here for almost two years.  It was high time for a change!

Que the thought lightbulb

 After playing with a couple variations, this is what I decided to display.   I love how it turned out!  I may add a few more things.  What do you think? I don't want it to be too crowded.

 For now it lives next to our sand frame but I think once we move I will hang it up, our rental house is so old and I don't trust the walls to hang heavier items.

I am also thinking about doing this with the cards:

source: Pinterest







No comments:

Post a Comment