Thursday, July 11, 2013

Four years of a stronger-better me!

Four years ago, I made a simple decision that changed my life forever, in the best possible way that could ever happen.



After years of holding two jobs and still struggling, on July 1st 2009 I took the leap of faith and started my own business (this post isn't about Pure Romance itself but what starting my own business did for my life).  When I made the decision to become a Pure Romance consultant I did it because I was dead broke, on the verge of filing bankruptcy and constantly playing the "will I get paid enough money before they notice my check is going to bounce" game.  Seriously, these are the things they don't prepare you for in college.  It was not a good time in my life but I was too ashamed to tell anyone.

At the time my night job was being the worst bartender in Richmond and a Cocktail waitress.  I absolutely hated it, but a friend owned the bar and it was "decent" money.  A friend had a Pure Romance party and I arrived with $15 in my pocket.  While I was in the ordering room the consultant told me that she had already profited $250, I wanted to laugh in her face for lying to me, but I didn't.  Instead I went home and read everything I could find on Pure Romance & every company like it.  I realized she was telling the truth and I was hooked.  For a few weeks I saved every penny I could, seriously picking up pennies off the floor when cleaning the bar at night (no really).

My kit arrived and I read every single piece of training material that came with it, along with everything they had online.  For my first party, I invited my closest 6 friends over so I could practice in front of people.  While setting up I realized I did all this research about the company and income potential yet completely neglected to think about the fact that had an immense fear of talking to strangers & groups.  I started flipping out.  OH MY GOSH WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?! 


The party started and all 6 of my amazing friends showed up.  Four of them even booked their own parties and to my complete surprise they all purchased something!  I had paid off my kit (and the pennies I literally counted to get it) and made profit!  Once I realized that no one would ever know if I was messing up, the fear of talking to strangers and groups melted away.
 
A few months later I started to see a real change in myself.  Most importantly I felt more sure of myself.  I realized the jerk-balls I had been dating were so beneath me it wasn't even funny.  I finally bought some "adult" (work) clothes, was consistently paying bills AND buying groceries.  The money was fabulous but the greatest gift of all was my self esteem and the fact that the money allowed me to go out with my friends.  With this new found self-esteem and finally being comfortable with myself, I signed up on a dating website.  I also realized that I actually really enjoyed the finance portion of my hourly job and decided to pursue it as a career.  I had found the perfect combination, I would work numbers during the day and on the side I would do Pure Romance, on my own schedule.  This would let me have my dream job, a sexual health educator and therapist with the money to match but no graduate school required!  I had held on to my bar job for those 1st couple of months, it was so nice to finally say goodbye to it.


I was so surprised how welcoming all my friends were to the company.  It was and still is so different from all the other companies out there.  Being a consultant forced me out of my shell which helped tremendously in my personal life!  Friends say I am a totally different person and I love it.  But I also know without this decision I never would of met my Husband, bought a new car, paid down/off debt, paid for our wedding,  etc etc!

From my very first National Convention in August 2009
I absolutely love hearing how I have helped women, couples and men.  It is not just the edu-tainment aspect but also how to bring the romance back and how that helped them finally get pregnant, repair their relationship, improve their self-esteem etc. etc.



A HUGE thank you to everyone who has supported me all these years.  I definitely would not be here without you!




No comments:

Post a Comment