Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Drowning in Jewelry!


Ok I am not really drowning, but everyday when I opened my closet I felt overwhelmed by this mess!  Several Necklaces were tangled, I would constantly find earrings that I had forgotten about and I cannot tell you how many times I just gave up and wore my standard hoop earrings and silver necklace.


I have been holding out for 2 years with this temporary solution but then I was pursing Etsy I stumbled on this and knew it was the perfect solution!  My Birthday was coming up and I have a long standing tradition of buying myself a present I would not normally spend the money on, something to treat myself.  So Happy Birthday to me!

I have been using it for about a month now and I am SO happy with it!  I did purchase a tray from T.J. Maxx for my bracelets.  The jewelry holder has great craftsmanship and is the perfect solution!  The one I purchased holds up to 180 pairs of earrings, but they have a ton of different varieties.

Photo from their etsy store
Obviously the earrings holder did not have enough pegs for my necklaces, so I hung it on my wall instead of the inside of my closet door where the previously holder was.  This freed up lots of space, so I decided to use these 3M hooks for the costume necklaces. I measured out one of my bigger necklaces and decided I wanted them about 3" apart.    My larger/heavier necklaces reside on what I believe was originally a belt organizer.  I hoard organizing supplies and constantly re-purpose them so I am not sure exactly where it came from.

It has been about a month and I am totally in love with this solution!  It is so easy to find everything and I love that I can organize them by color to match how I have my closet organized!

I am trying harder to look more put-together for work and life in general so making accessorizing easier is a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment